I'm available for a wide range of engagements! Contact me for a resume/CV or to discuss rates: email email@example.com
- I can dance in any setting from a full proscenium to the top of a picnic table; I can install mixed media arts; I can give a reading of poetry or prose; I can design and craft sculptural costumes and set pieces.
- I can speak, train, lecture, or otherwise facilitate for your group/office/class on gender, sexuality, disability, and the various professional competencies associated with them. Or we can talk about identity, its history, social understandings, art and expression, justice and rights...
- I can help make your information more accessible: whether that's re-writing a confidentiality policy to be more understandable to people with limited English reading comprehension, improving usability of your website, or finally doing something useful with all those feedback forms and evaluations you've collected. (I can help you develop more valuable assessments, too.) This can run a broad spectrum, from document design and editing to technical writing to project analysis.
- I can also do expert/sensitivity reading of fiction, poetry, or nonfiction (such as for othering language in funding requests) around: physical mobility disability, mental health, chronic illness, LGB+ topics/identities, and trans and nonbinary gender divergence. I can also check accuracy in your depictions of textile arts and equipment, or contemporary dance practices and movement.
- I can help organize your ideas: creating and breaking down strategic plans or other goals into concrete, achievable steps, all situated in a workable timeframe with a great tracking system.
- And I can teach!
Teaching & Training
I'd love to teach for your organisation, class, conference, or other group. Previously I've independently taught or spoken for such groups as public schools, health centers, colleges (including Middlebury, UVM, and Yale), and a diverse array of conferences. Available topics include, but are not limited to:
- Dance: adaptive dance 101/201/beyond for dance students, teachers, and choreographers; duet-making; inclusive ensemble-building; working with props and equipment; floorwork
- Textiles: spinning (wheel or drop spindle); art yarn spinning; knitting; weaving; DIY frame looms; acid dyeing; pattern design
- Identity and social change: competencies around gender and sexuality, disability, and/or intersectional identities; facilitated discussion of issues; team-building and communication
- Arts-integrated topics: combining any of the above, or arts and classroom curricula!
Contact me for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certain teaching materials that I have created are available for download on the Extras page, including a teaching comic for arts & literacy, and a dance/math arts integrated lesson plan.